Artist - Concept
Rebellion Oxford are looking for a talented concept artist to create realistic, atmospheric game worlds in-house at our Oxford studio. We’re looking for someone with a strong portfolio of compelling environment and character designs. Ideally portfolios should range from realistic work to highly imaginative pieces and demonstrate skills from fast thumbnail sketches through to detailed finished work.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford HQ. We can consider permanent or fixed-term contracts employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Help define and illustrate the consistent look and feel of an entire game to a high standard
- Develop specific visual game asset concepts for construction and use in our titles
- Communicate complex concepts and designs, from high level pitches to the smallest production details
- Continue to support the vision and style of current games in development
- Creatively contribute to develop projects and their assets to the next level
- Outstanding use of Photoshop
- Ability to produce exciting, realistic, inspirational, imaginative and atmospheric work
- Strong traditional fine art skills such as composition, perspective, lighting, anatomy, architecture, texture, painting, etc
- Ability to adapt to different styles and subject matter
- Ability to accurately estimate timescales and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Knowledge of 3D art programs (eg. 3DSMax, Z-Brush) would be an advantage
- Strong teamwork, able to collaborate and accept direction
- Flexible and self-motivated, with a passion for games
Experience within the games industry with published titles under your belt would be preferred but if you’re the up-and-coming next best thing we’d still be very interested! Remember to include a link to your portfolio and wow us with your work.