Rebellion Oxford needs another experienced Maya Animator to join our in-house animation team to work on one of our largest current unannounced projects. You will need to excel at convincing character animation and working as part of a team.
This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford studio. If you are interested in other locations let us know in your application. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
We’re looking for a minimum of 2 years games animation experience. A relevant degree would also be preferred.
Please include a link to your showreel demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standards of fidelity and style as demanded by the project
- Work with the animation team, demonstrating strong time management skills to ensure tasks are completed on schedule to required standard
- Work effectively with other team disciplines (Art, Design & Code) to ensure the animation process is responding to the demands of the project whilst maintaining its aesthetic quality
- Continuation of your technical knowledge, including adapting to new technologies and processes
- Excellent knowledge of animating using Maya, with outstanding animation skills demonstrating knowledge and application of weight, timing, pace, poses and storytelling
- Excellent understanding of how animation must work in harmony with the game design
- Fluent clean-up and use of motion capture data
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as teamworking and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Genuine passion for games and animation, bringing characters to life with realistic human and animal motion
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 10 minute walk to train station and 20 minute walk to city centre