Artist - Environment
Rebellion is looking for experienced environment artists to join our team based in our Runcorn Studio. You will need to be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time. We are a licensed visa sponsor and can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. Check out our website for other available in-house art roles, at our Oxford, Runcorn and Warwick offices, and our employee benefits; flexible start and finish times, pension, childcare and cycle schemes, events, giveaways and more…
Want to know what it is like in the Rebellion Art team?
Check out our video here!
You will have at least 3 years’ industry experience modelling, texturing and ideally lighting game environments is required. Experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would be preferred.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max, Maya, XNormal, Substance Designer and Substance Painter, and normal mapped game environments.
- Create models of 3D environments, create PBR materials and textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritise own tasks
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognised 3d package such as Maya, 3dMax or Blender.
- To be conversant with hi-res workflow, sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox and with normal map baking.
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines with Substance Painter & Designer, Quixel and how to bring this to engine.
- Skills in a recognised 2d package such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrable experience of using game engines.
- Knowledge and experience with photogrammetry pipelines would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience with Out-Source pipelines would be advantageous
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Runcorn Location