Animator - Technical
Rebellion have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Animator to work with our animation teams on exciting new game projects. You will be expected to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of animation systems since you will play a key role in the evolution of the animation pipeline.
This role is full-time, based in-house. If you are interested in other locations let us know in your application. We can consider permanent or in-house contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Responsibilities would include;
- Work with the animation team to evolve and devise new animation solutions and pipelines
- Create character rigs and facial animation techniques
- Identify and address optimisations and efficiencies within the animation pipeline
- Collaborate with other discipline leads ensuring animation solutions meet the requirements of specific projects
- Share knowledge with internal and external teams
- Research new technologies, innovations and processes
- Proactively resolving technical animation issues
- Experience in video games or relevant transferrable technical animation experience.
- Technical Animation Demo Reel and / or portfolio.
- Good knowledge and expertise in Maya / Motion Builder
- Good MEL and Python experience (knowledge of PyMel and C++ would be an advantage)
- Use of Game Engines i.e. Unreal or proprietary would be an advantage
- Passion for animation and video games
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Childcare Vouchers: for nurseries, holiday care and after school clubs, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £1k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 10 minute walk to train station and 20 minute walk to city centre